Research Coordinating Center
The HFRCC is organized to create synergy in research, foster ethical and respectful academic-community partnerships, and develop innovative solutions to community defined issues.
Who We Are
The Healthy Flint Research Coordinating Center (HFRCC) is a collaboration with the Flint Community, UM-Flint, UM-Ann Arbor, and MSU.
What We Do
Working to aid Flint recovery and rebuild from the water crisis by:
- Assisting in coordination, dissemination, and building synergy in research efforts in Flint.
- Facilitating community and academic partnerships through workshops.
- Utilizing a community managed ethics board review (CERB) of proposals.
- Creating a data repository to share data that can aid the creation of a healthy Flint and lessen redundant research. Opendataflint.org
- Offering Community-Driven Research Day.
- Increasing community voice with structured community dialogues.
Include a broad coordinated cross-section of Flint stakeholders.
Create shared resources for Flint research and service projects: common data elements, a data repository, and description of ongoing projects.
Kris Johns - UM-Flint
Keosha Corder - Michigan State University
Athena McKay - Community Core
Kaneesha Wallace – UM-Ann Arbor